It’s popcorn time, and you’ve come to the right place. Below is the basic information you need for the Cub Scouts Annual Popcorn Sale.
• SALE DATES
(see full sale calendar at the bottom of this page)
Sale begins: Friday, September 15
Sale ends: Wednesday, November 1 (single check to Pack 155, order forms and returns ALL due)
• POPCORN KERNEL
Mark Bossenbroek, 608-535-2523 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pickup and Restock Location: Mark Bossenbroek’s House at 4387 Dutch Diamond Way, DeForest, WI 53532 — (near Grey Road).
• Types of Sales
Show and Sell — Popcorn delivered to customer at time of sale.
Take Order — Order taken, popcorn delivered at end of Fall Popcorn Sale.
Online Sales — Send your online customers to http://popcornordering.com and ask them to enter your scout’s 10-digit code. Then use the scout log in to track your online sales.
• Sales Instructions
We recommend you use both Show and Sell and Take Order approach. For Show and Sell, pick up your popcorn at Mark’s house between 4:30-6:30am on Friday, September 16.
Challenge your scout to complete two full order forms. If everyone did that, it would add up to over $1,000 per Scout! That’s about 10-12 hours of selling. Over the course of 6 weeks and weekends, that’s not hard. Please do your best to support the Pack. It’s our only method of funding and saves families & scouts tons of money for events and activities.
Please let Mark know by e-mail if you intend to return damaged items or items that you don’t plan to sell or if you need popcorn to fulfill a Take Order sale. Mark will let you know if he has it on hand or if he can obtain it from other Scouts and which restock night you can pick it up.
Do not trade/swap popcorn with other families. We’d prefer you return unsold items to, and pick up Take Order items from Mark on restock nights.
FOR ALL SCOUTS:
Always fill out your order form, even if you are delivering it to the customer that day. PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE LAST TWO COLUMNS OF THE ORDER FORM, WHERE YOU WILL INDICATE IF THE CUSTOMER HAS PAID AND IF YOU HAVE DELIVERED THE POPCORN.
Have the customers make out checks to you (the parent). Parents will make out a cumulative check to Pack 155 at the end of the sale for the total amount you sell.
Remember, November 1 is the last day of the sale, and on November 1, you are accountable for delivering a check for the total amount you sold and any unsold popcorn to Mark’s house from 5-7pm. If you decide to stop selling before November 1, contact Mark Bossenbroek as soon as possible, so we can redistribute the unsold popcorn to other scouts and collect money. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK YOUR SCOUTS PRIZES BEFORE YOU TURN IN YOUR FORM.
SELLING AT A STOREFRONT LIKE PICK ‘N SAVE or COPPS:
The Pack has already signed up for may store front days and times. Please first check in with Mark to see what days and times are available. We want to fill the days we have already signed up for.
Sign up at signupgenius.com, search for email sign up by email@example.com.
- If another Scout is there selling, ask the parent if they signed up using the website. Do not confront the parent or manager, but do let them know they should sign up, not make individual bookings with managers.
- If another scout shows up and said they have the spot, be certain they signed up using the website. Don’t get the manager to arbitrate. Best way to handle situation is to retreat and notify Mark. Get their Pack Number so we can have good communications with area packs.
- Selling at a storefront is the fastest way to your goal! You’ll get more no thank yous but also more chances. Don’t be discouraged!
- Provide your own table, always remove boxes (and leave the store better than you found it. That’s the Scout way!)
- Do not put price tags on popcorn. You are selling Scouting, not the popcorn ☺
- Bring several pens
- Use the short script, “Excuse me sir/ma’am, would you support scouting by buying some popcorn?”
• Helpful Information
- Contact Mark Bossenbroek if you need additional or replacement order forms.
- Mark has the previous year sale records, if you’d like to know what your scout sold last year for estimating purposes.
- A “container” of popcorn is one tin or bag, not the box/case/carton in which it comes. In other words, there are typically multiple containers in each box/case/carton.
- Scouts must always have a parent/guardian with them and wear a Scout uniform when going door-to-door. Scouts should never enter a customer’s house alone.
- Smile and say thank you, even if you didn’t make a sale.
- Send your online customers to http://popcornordering.com and ask them to enter your Code. Log in to track your online sales.
• Sales Incentives
- End of sale prizes. Scout is eligible for multiple “layers” of prizes.
- Pack Rewards (rockets, science kits, and more…)
- Getting the leaders soaked with sponges or water balloons!
- If the pack averages sales of $1,000 per scout it will have a pizza party for the Scouts and their Families later this year.
- Weekly Prize Drawing – Fill up an order form and be entered to win one of the weekly drawings. Prizes will be a $150 gift card to Cabela’s:
- PARENTS NEED TO FAX (OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org A FULL ORDER FORM TO GLACIER’S EDGE COUNCIL (608-273-8686) BY 3:45PM ON THE DRAWING DUE DATES IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THEIR SCOUT. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE SCOUTS NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AND PACK 155.
- Drawing Dates: October 6, October 13, October 20, October 27
- Every full order form gives the scout another entry for the weekly drawings.
- Drawings are cumulative! (i.e. All forms submitted during the week of October 6th are also eligible for the October 13, 20, and 27 drawings!)
If you need popcorn outside of the posted pick up times please email or call Mark. He will make arrangements so you will always be able to be supplied with popcorn.
Please only take how much popcorn you think you will sell. Do not hoard it since Mark will make himself available so you do not need to keep unneeded popcorn.